Hiroyo Saito will be offering a Learning Science Workshop Series during the first two weeks of August. If you are interested in learning effective teaching strategies based on learning science, please join!
Title: Learning Science Workshop Series
Facilitator: Hiroyo Saito, Director of the Instructional Design and Technology Services
Part 1: Monday, August 2 | 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET | Zoom
Part 2: Wednesday, August 4 | 1:30p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET | Zoom
Part 3: Monday, August 9 | 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET | Zoom
Part 4: Wednesday, August 11 | 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET | Zoom
In this workshop series, we are going to cover:
- The importance of creating sets of links in long-term memory
- Working memory, inclusive teaching, and the value of prior knowledge
- Our brain’s pathways to learning
- Learning modes
- Procrastination and multi-tasking
- Active learning and direct instruction
We are going to use this newly released book, “Uncommon Sense Teaching” as our main textbook.
Please register by July 31, 2021.
Leave a comment