You might have TAs and want them to move between breakout rooms to check on each group. In that case, please follow these steps.
STEP 1: Designate your TAs as the Co-Hosts.
- Click on the Participants button at the bottom of your Zoom application.
- In the list of meeting participants, hover over the name of the participant you wish to make a co-host, and click on “More.”
- Select “Make Co-Host” from the list.
- You can make as many people as co-hosts as you want.
STEP 2: Begin the breakout session.
- As the host, create breakout rooms and assign participants.
- Begin the breakout session. Please note that only the host can start a breakout session.
- Your Co-Hosts can move between breakout rooms within zoom, but in order to do so they must first be in one of the breakout rooms.
- So once the host opens the breakout rooms, the Co-Host must then click “Join” on the popup to join an assigned room first.
- Once in their assigned breakout room, the co-host may then move between breakout rooms by clicking on the “Breakout Rooms” button at the bottom of their Zoom application window.
- As the Co-Host, they should see a list of all in progress breakout rooms, along with the names of each participant in each breakout room.
- They can click “Join” next to the name of the breakout room they wish to move to.
Leave a comment