Do you want automatic email alerts when activities are added or updated in your Moodle course? If so, you can sign up for Event Monitoring for one or more of your courses. Students, faculty, and others enrolled in a class can subscribe to any of several monitoring rules to get these automated messages.
To get automated email notifications:
- Click on your profile (name) in Moodle’s upper right corner and select Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Event monitoring link in your profile preference menu. It is located in the Miscellaneous section.
- Select a course from which you want to get notifications.
- You’ll see a list of possible notifications you can request. Click on the plus sign to subscribe to any of the notifications you want. For example, if you want emails anytime an activity is update, click on the plus sign to subscribe to “Moodle course activity was updates.”
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have selected all the course notifications you want.
- Not that you can stop subscribing at any time. Repeat steps 1 to 3 and then click on the trashcan icon next to any rule for which you no longer want email notifications.
If you wish automated notifications for something not already available, email hc-techlearn with your request.